Rapid Rehousing Eligibility Criteria
EL PASO COLLABORATIVE RAPID RE-HOUSING
CLIENT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Literally homeless individuals or families which fall under Category 1 as described in the HUD Homeless Definition who have been referred through Coordinated Entry and are prioritized for homelessness intervention through rapid re-housing. Cases would be reviewed and subject to approval by the Case Management Supervisor and Program Coordinator.
- Among the primary reasons for homelessness is correlated to the socioeconomic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Verified income level of 50% AMI (EP County AMI is $26,250) or below at program entry.
- At least 25 years old (Case Managers will assist younger individuals to access rapid re-housing targeted towards youth instead of El Paso Collaborative Rapid Re-Housing).
- Verify Veteran status and eligibility for Veterans Affairs assistance (Case Managers will assist self-reported Veterans to access SSVF or HUD-VASH instead of El Paso Collaborative Rapid Re-Housing).
- Complies with Participant and Case Manager Mutual Expectations Agreement.
- Develops a Housing Stability Plan (which will be reviewed monthly), approved by the Case Management Supervisor, that demonstrates an attainable path towards self-sufficiency to assume rent payments by the end of rental assistance.