Outcomes and Statistics
In accordance with our mission, the Opportunity Center for the Homeless seeks to assist as many persons who are experiencing homelessness as possible in moving beyond their condition and transitioning back into the community. We are able to do this through a variety of services and programs designed to help get the homeless back on their feet. With the help of our generous donors, in the past year (2014) we were able to:
- provide a total of 107,613 nights of housing through all of our housing programs combined, including 58,279 nights of emergency shelter housing to homeless men and women
- serve 134,036 warm nutritious meals in our emergency shelters
- distribute 13,002 articles of clothing
***Please help us ensure that any person who is homeless has a safe place to spend the night, a clean change of clothing, and a hot meal to eat!
Other Success by the Numbers:
- 82 individuals obtained employment and 26 were placed in job training programs with help from our on-site job counselor.
- 105 new homeless clients accessed educational programs, 79 attended keyboarding classes, 9 attended GED classes, 30 attended English classes, and 5 were placed in higher education.
- 324 homeless individuals were able to access social services including case management and obtain referrals to appropriate services.
- 331 client visits were made to our on-site psychiatrist through the San Vicente Mental Health Initiative, and 38 new clients were assessed.
- 145 clients were assisted by our Housing Coordinator to find stable permanent housing placements.
- 27 homeless youth were enrolled in education programs and 73 were enrolled in employment services.
- 12,765 rides were provided to homeless individuals throughout the city in order to attend appointments, appear for job interviews, and arrive at job sites.
- 4,533 nights of lodging were provided to homeless individuals recovering from substance abuse through our Safe Zone program.
***Whatever way you add it up, there is great work being done at the Opportunity Center for the Homeless! Please stop by to visit our programs and see how you might become a supporter and partner in providing support to the homeless in our community!