The Opportunity Center is grateful to our many donors and supporters who help us care for the homeless. In addition to monetary donations, we are always in need of a variety of in-kind donations for our men’s and women’s emergency shelters.
The Men’s Emergency Shelter is in need of the following items:
- Clothing: men’s socks, underwear, coats, shoes, shirts, and pants
- Hygiene Items: razors, toothpaste and toothbrushes, shampoo and conditioner, toilet paper, bar soap,
- Food: flour, oil, rice, sugar, meat, coffee, and canned goods (tomatoes, vegetables, etc.)
The Women’s Resource Center is in need of the following items:
- Cleaning supplies: garbage bags (13 gallon size), Fabuloso, Lysol spray, High Efficiency (HE) liquid detergent for front loading washing machines, and Ajax
- Hygiene Items:tooth paste, feminine hygiene products, bath soap, and liquid hand soap
- Disposable products:paper cups (8 oz.), paper plates and bowls, napkins, spoons, forks, toilet paper, paper towels, and aluminum foil
The Opportunity Center welcomes groups and individual volunteers who wish to help prepare and/or serve meals to the homeless. Please visit our Foodshare Committee page for more information and to see where you could fit in to help ensure our homeless have warm, nutritious meals! Thank you for your generosity in sharing your time with our homeless men and women.